Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: TFD sounds in BHD
Eagle_Eye
Senior Admin

Mood: Grey,not Stupid

[*] posted on 9-30-2004 at 11:48 AM
TFD sounds in BHD

OK, this post is sparked from a U2U to me from Snake..

He asked about using LW and TFD sounds in BHD.

For those who don't know, the dialog file for all the sounds except the briefing sounds in LW and TFD are kept in PWF files, and DBF files, there's some posts around from josels who has been playing with ones for BHD..

The DBF file is a list for the Med to read, like a library, which points to the right file in the PWF file, like it tells the Med that dialog 001, play a specific wave, of course, the PWF file is the storage file, where the sounds are stored, like a pff file..

The problems I thought of might be that LW knows what character you are, and plays a different wave depending on this, so I played with the TFD one, which does not.

Here's what I did.

I used FwO Raven's pff Tool, and extracted the following Files..

d_dialog.DBF
d_dialog.PWF

Now, I created a BHD Map, called d_dialog.bms.

I reloaded it so it would see the DBF and PWF files..

I setup an area trigger, and a player start.

I set up an event to play dialog 001 when player in area trigger, played the test map, and bingo, we have TFD sounds.

The TFD wave file list is in the TFD download section..you can use this to create your dialogs..

My thoughs are, I will upload the 2 files in a rar file to the BHD Download section.

If you make a map, you can just rename the files....so can the Person who downloads them, or, if they have TFD, they can pull the files out themselves, but, of you do use them, you need to have good instructions in your text file, you know, the one that you ALWAYS out in with your map Zip..

So basiclly, you tell the person to download the file, once they have them, they rename them to the same as your game..they can keep a copy for future SP Maps..

I can put the files up, with directions, and a link to this thread if there are any questions..

What do you think ??!!

EE

7>Snake
DFB Map Rater

Mood: Read the Manual

[*] posted on 10-1-2004 at 07:19 AM

I think including TFD and LW speech into BHD is a great idea that will open a number of diversified scenario possibilities and both enhance and expand the SP map making realm.

Including the files for TD and LW as a download will certainly take some of the confusion away from the various versions of extraction instructions we will likely see.

Perhaps as an addition to the downloadable files, a generic set of extraction directives could be prepared that any SP map maker could copy and place in their readme.txt file.

As I mentioned to you, I am currently undergoing the task of extracting and copying the LW files to individual wave files which will also be made available for download (with an appropriate index of course).

When all else fails - try it yourself.

They tried to make me learn but I was too tough for them - Calvin (& Hobbes).

joselz
Colonel

Mood: OUT of MAPPING

wink.gif posted on 10-1-2004 at 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 7>Snake
As I mentioned to you, I am currently undergoing the task of extracting and copying the LW files to individual wave files which will also be made available for download (with an appropriate index of course).

7>Snake, I also have dfLW, dfLW:T-EXP, df2 Objects to dfLW, and if i can help you in something in that proyect will be my pleasure,
I have also Extarct somes of DFLW sound from the .PWF and convert them into Individual Wavs and then use them. So i know Exaclty what your are talking about..LOL

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
7>Snake
DFB Map Rater

[*] posted on 10-5-2004 at 03:07 AM
Getting Lw & TFD wave files for use in BHD

Well after spending a number of days extracting wave files in a slow time consuming process - it now becomes much easier.

As mentioned above, the speech files used in both Land Warrior and Task Force Delta are contained in a .pwf file that is in the .pff file in your root instal directory for these programs.

To extract these files into wave format it is suggested that you first extract the .pwf file using the FwO_PFF_7 extractor available at this link.

Once the .pwf file has been extracted and stored on your hard drive in a location of your choosing, you need to get the speech files out in a wave format. To do this, first download this utility.

Now unzip the file you have donwloaded and store it in a convenient location. Run the utility to extract the files into wave format and you're done.

Eagle_Eye
Senior Admin

[*] posted on 10-5-2004 at 03:42 AM

You can use some of these to create your own pwf file, like Joselz has explained in another thread, or, you can just use say 6 of them, and include them in your zip, with your other game files..

Snake, to find that ute, I just typed pwf extractor into google, and it gave me the link to NovaHQ, I'll post it here as well..

I think I have it somewhere else on my HD, but I have so many utes, I tend to loose them..lol..

EE

Eagle_Eye
Senior Admin

[*] posted on 10-5-2004 at 04:06 AM

OK, I just added 2 files to the Download database..

This one, extracts pff and pwf files, I've had it for years.. DFLW Tools I put this one in the DFLW Download Section.

The one from DV, that extracts or plays PWF files, the one you linked to above, in the Miscellaneous Utilities .. PWF Extractor because it works with any PWF file from DF1 to DF4.

I also added another pff extractor I had, and a copy of the Dialog Editor that's in the DF2 download section.. Miscellaneous Utilities

Last but not least, I added tye TFD Sound files to the BHD Download section, so, if you use them in a Map, you can refer to this download so the Member can download them TFD Sound Files

The Download includes a link to this forum..

EE

7>Snake
DFB Map Rater

[*] posted on 10-5-2004 at 06:12 AM

Eagle_Eye this is great. Before long we'll manage to get everything to work in all programs!

While the TFD files are collectively a small download (11 mb), I still have the 903 LW files I made over the last few days and if you like we can work on getting them to the download section with the .pdf file I created.

Next step - Joint Ops wave files!

joselz
Colonel

shocked.gif posted on 10-5-2004 at 10:07 AM
What about MOHAA Wav files???

I think will be good to add "Medal of Honor: Allied Assult" wav files.
I have that, and the wavs files are NOT in a .PWF file, they are in individual folder in the game data.

I have use somes of MOHAA .WAV's files in 2 of my maps, and i think that Mohaa have somes interesting Wavs for BHD.

What i mean is "MOHAA sounds in BHD".

Also we can use , Ghost Recon, RainbowSix, DF2, Armored fist 3, and others.....
and i have all those games, LOL.
so what do you think???

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Eagle_Eye
Senior Admin

[*] posted on 10-5-2004 at 11:48 AM

Snake, I extracted the files from LW as you know, into 6 folders..when rar'd the file is 109 megs.

The ones you did manually are 40 megs..is that all the files?

Joselz. I'll have to install MOH and take a look..but, let's not go overboard..we still need to take into account people with 56k like me, they can't be spending all their time downloading sound files, then, we need to look at how messy their BHD directory is going to get with all these files..unless we/you make a mod out of it, ie..put the sounds into a pff file, and use the /mod to run them?

EE

7>Snake
DFB Map Rater

[*] posted on 10-5-2004 at 12:22 PM

Eagle_Eye, I've sent you a u2u explaining how I arrived at the 40 mb file size.

Joselz, what I do is keep a folder of different wave files that I use in maps. As I use them, I include them in the zip file so whoever gets the map will also have the files. The wave files are given the same name as the map so houscleaning is simple. For example; if the map is named 'mymap.bms' the wave files are named 'mymap01.wav'; 'mymap02.wav' etc. Then when you clean out your hard drive, all that's needed is to select all the 'mymap' files and delete them.

While it would be nice to have access to speech files from every computer game, we may end up with no storage space left for maps. I would suggest that limiting DFB stored wave files to Nova Logic games would perhaps be a more workable solution.

If individual users have access to other files and include them as part of the download in their map that would be OK too.

joselz
Colonel

[*] posted on 10-10-2004 at 12:10 AM
Extra Wavs for DF:BHD

I have make a zip file of extra wavs for BHD, the zip file is 2.92MB, it contains wavs from MOHAA, Rainbow six, Armored fist 3.
There are 39 Wavs file include. plus a readme file.
I pick the wavs that i think will be useful.
To download click on the link below:

Extra Wavs for DF:BHD

inuyasha
Private

Mood: Dissapointed in

[*] posted on 11-1-2004 at 05:18 PM

Thank you joselz :D you are very useful around here :P lol
LoneWolf61
Grunt

Mood: Playing BHD/TS

[*] posted on 6-17-2015 at 02:52 PM
Wave Dialog

How do you get it to recognize the dialog file,cause when I try to get it to play dialog like #1 it say's un-defined.Put both files in game folder and still nothing.

Go To Top