Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What Med is What ??
Eagle_Eye
Senior Admin

Mood: Grey,not Stupid

[*] posted on 2-7-2005 at 10:45 PM
What Med is What ??

I just spent the better part of 3 hours installing BHD to one of my other Hard Drives to find out what MED version comes with what update..here's the scoop..LOL..

Here are the details of those Meds, and some of the Unlocked meds..I'm supprised to find the Standard 2.05b was unlocked..

Standard Meds.

When run from the BHD install Directory, the med version can be viewed on the Title Bar at the top of the

med..

Original install version 1.0 = Med 2.00 = NO to Play Part Animation NO to music/heath/reverb/mana
Update version 1.1.10.1 = Med 2.01 = NO to Play Part Animation NO to music/heath/reverb/mana
Update version 1.2.0.4 = No Change
Update version 1.2.1.1 = No Change
Update version 1.3.0.37 = 2.05b = YES to Play Part Animation YES to music/heath/reverb/mana
Update version 1.5.0.5 = 2.06b = NO to Play Part Animation NO to music/heath/reverb/mana

UnLocked Meds

2.00i = Doesn't show Team sabre Items and can't use / commands like / mod terranova

Unlocked Play Part Animation and music/heath/reverb/mana

2.05c = Shows Team Sabre Items but can use the / command like / mod terranova

Already unlocked Play Part Animation and music/heath/reverb/mana

Now includes new items in pull down menus.

Conclusion...

Nova stuffed up with the 1.3.0.37 update, and gave us an unlocked med by mistake.
They realized this, and replaced it with the 2.06b with the 1.5.0.5 update.

Use the 2.05b, or 2.05c for BHD or BHDTS, the only difference is the pull down menus.

If you have BHDTS installed, and you want to make a BHD only map, use the 2.00i med, it doesn't see the TS items, so you can't put one in by Mistake.

If you have the Terranova EXP installed...

EXP was supplied with the camo med, which is a 2.05b with an extra clothing feature added.
So, this med is unlocked, and works fine with BHD...but for TS..

When Terranova did the TS patch, they had a problem with the number of items it uses. So, they had to alter the DFBHD.exe, and the Med.exe to see the BHD/TS and the EXP items.
The problem was, they didn't use an unlocked med, so, there are no Play Part Animations.

That's OK if you don't need Play Part Animations. But if you do, then there are various ways around this, but it means switching meds.

To use the 2.05b/c with an EXP, you need to alter the target line of the desktop icon..

ie.."C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\dfbhdmedv205c.exe" /mod terranova

Create your map using the TNmed, just save it as a mis..load it into the 2.305b/c and do the event, but you won't see all the items, there may be some red x's, just don't alter them, and things will be OK.

Resave as a mis, and load back into the TNmed, then export as a bms..don't try and alter the event with the Play Animation, cos it will self destruct..

I also included a "Med Fix" that I found at DFArena, it has no explanation..I have no idea what it does, but,

I concluded that it stops the i med from crashing on versions past 1.3.0.37.

I have uploaded a zip file to the BHD download section.. Click Here

It contains this text, plus..

The 4 original meds supplied with the install, or patch.
They are the ..

2.05b
2.06b

Also included are the Unlocked Versions I use.
They are the

2.00i
2.05c

Also Included the 2 Terranova Meds.
They are the

2.05b Camo
2.06b for TS

Using the med with DV's Driveable Vehicle Mod..

First, make a new shortcut for your med, any of the meds will work..then right click on the icon and go to properties..click in the target box, right at the end, after the last "..now click there and type (space)/mod Veh17TS

so you have something like this..

"C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\DFBHDmed.exe" /mod Veh17TS

EE

Rogue Trader
Private

Mood: can't complain

[*] posted on 12-18-2005 at 11:08 AM
Which is best

Which is the best med for making single player missions ?

------------------------------------
"It is not our abillities that show who we really are, it is our choices" -Albus Dumbledore

R.Trader
Assassin Xaero
DFB Map Rater

[*] posted on 12-18-2005 at 11:31 AM

It doesnt really matter, they all have the same stuff (except for a few small things and the new objects in the unlocked med). So... just the unlocked has the most stuff, but they all basically do the same thing...

‡ BHD ‡ BHD:TS ‡ JO:TR ‡

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
sharpsniper
Map Rater

Mood: Busy...

[*] posted on 1-11-2006 at 05:25 AM

Id say the 2.05c is the best for sp map making, I use that one, its got all the stuff you need, and the open mission wac in the tools menu is very helpful.

DFB Map Rater

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 ~2.6GHz

ATI Radeon X1950PRO 512MB

2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 5400

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Death.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top